Louise Reyneke Properties


Information received from the Techno group:

Electrical Certificate: The electrical certificate covers the permanent electrical installation which is everything from where the Eskom cables join to the property up to the points where the cables terminate at the appliances, be it a plug outlet, a light fitting or a more permanent connection to a fixed appliance, for example a stove, pool pump, air conditioning unit or geyser. It is important to know that the actual appliances themselves do NOT form part of the certificate. It is generally accepted that all fixed appliances get sold with the property. It is the duty of the Seller to disclose any issues with these devices.

The certificate confirms that the appliances are connected correctly to the installation and that power is present, but we do not test the actual appliance itself.

Beetle Certificate:  The beetle certificate can be a source of much frustration for two reasons.
There are no specific laws governing exactly what is required for a beetle inspection, it is a contractual agreement based on the beetle clause in the specific deed of sale and can vary dramatically from one contract to the next in terms of which beetle or beetles are required to be inspected and where on the property it is requested to check. It can be only in the main dwelling or all timbers on the property, including wooden fences, wendy houses or any other wooden structures.

Limitations: The beetle certificate is further limited to a VISUAL inspection of ACCESSIBLE timbers for ACTIVE infestation. The mere fact that we cannot see evidence of infestation with the naked eye at the time of the inspection does not guarantee that it is beetle free as the larva can live undetected inside the timbers for years. It can only become evident when the larwe mature and leave flight holes and dust to exit the timber. The timbers need to be accessible at the time of  the inspection. Timbers in enclosed ceilings, wooden floors under fitted carpets, or any other inaccessible area cannot be checked.

Plumbing certificate. The plumbing by - laws are primarily concerned with reducing water wastage and ensuring that potable water and sewage water do not mix.

The geyser should be plumbed correctly, a pressure release valve of the correct value and vacuum breakers correctly installed, emergency overflow installed with a metallic pipe, all the overflows to be plumbed to the outside and discharge to atmosphere.
Check that the water meter to read properly when water is flowing and stops when all taps are closed to ensure that there are no water leaks. That none of the taps leak when  the water meter is in the OFF position and that they are correctly fixed in position.
Leaking taps or blocked drains are not covered.

Gas certificate. The gas inspection is probably the least confusing of all the inspections and is purely to do with safety around explosive gases.

The inspector will check the following:
1.  Cylinder storage to comply with safety zones.
2.  SABS approved piping and installed in the correct manner.
3.  Installation of isolation and emergency valve.
4.  Adequate ventilation at cylinders and inside rooms.
5.  If  SABS approved appliances are connected to the reticulation system.
6.  A pressure leak test to ensure system continuity.

For more information visit the Techno group website at

Phone: 021 976 7117
Fax: 021 975 3313
E-mail: info@techno-group.co.za

Contact Us
Louise: +27 82 570 0202
Email: info@louisereynekeprop.co.za
Copyright © 2024 Louise Reyneke Properties | All Rights Reserved
Design & Care by ERC Design